Senior Security Lead
Company: Federal Working Group
Posted on: April 1, 2021
Federal Working Group is always looking for dynamic and skilled
professionals to join our growing team. If you are looking for a
place where you can put your creativity and experience to work,
make a difference and be recognized for the value you offer, you've
found it here. Our entrepreneurial culture rewards employees who
are willing to make a commitment and find dynamic solutions to
- Senior Security Lead
- Bowie, MD
- Full Time Job Description We are currently seeking a Senior
Security Engineer (Lead) to support our federal project, in Bowie,
MD. Job Requirements
- The Enterprise Security Team Lead will manage the Division's
Security Team and serve as the primary security point of contact
for the US Census Computer Services Division. Besides managing the
team, this position is highly technical. The candidate must
demonstrate a thorough understanding of security operations and
must be current with all modern technologies.
- The lead will work with federal stakeholders to develop and
define a security framework aligned with the Division's vision. The
framework will also conform, align and integrate into the existing
service delivery model. The lead will also develop plans for
strengthening the cybersecurity posture (within the Division s
scope) in alignment with standard NIST CSF and MITRE ATT&CK
- The lead will integrate both engineering and operational life
cycles, provide leadership and demonstrate value-added improvements
that will benefit the customer in terms of innovation and process
optimization. Complementing this task, the lead will implement a
plan to streamline security compliance and reduce the amount of
time taken to remediate compliance and vulnerability findings.
- The lead may participate in risk management and preparation of
technical reviews. Provide cybersecurity guidance and direction
into solutions engineering, configuration management, data
management, O&M security related activities and best practices.
Solutions/systems engineering activities may include one or more of
the following: Concept of Operations formulation, requirements
definition, system analysis and design, validation and
verification, system integration and, system performance
- The lead will coordinate multi-discipline support activities
and integrate with multiple organizations. Interact daily with
supervisor, operations manager, and technical staff in all project
specialties. Interactions with client counterparts on project
matters within area of responsibility.
- Must work well with general guidance, generate competent
technical input for operations type documentation, be detailed and
security oriented. Must have excellent oral and written
communications skills, as well as excellent interpersonal skills to
deal with multiple contractors and government organization. Must
have worked in large enterprise class type environments, be in line
with industry best practices, be up to date on all security trends,
think outside the box, and be able to make recommendations to
improve overall governance and support continuous improvement.
- 10+ years of experience with a Bachelors in Computer Science or
- In lieu of degree, a combination of education and 15 years of
demonstrated hands on experience.
- CISSP required.
- Security+, CEH, CCNA, and GIAC preferred.
- Any Microsoft, Red Hat or Amazon certifications are a
- Comfortable in a fast pace work environment.Additional info:
- Base Shift hours: 8:00 AM ET 5:00 PM ET, M-F (flexibility is
- Must be available for on-call support as required.
- Work location: Bowie, MD.
- Some Telework may be available.
- U.S. Citizen is required for the position. Candidate must
successfully pass a Federal Background Investigation.Soft Skills
- Organizational Skills: Can plan and prioritize work, both their
own and that of project team. Follows tasks to their logical
conclusion and makes sure that everything has been done to the
right standard. Excellent attention to detail.
- Team Work: Comfortable working both individually and as part of
a team. Prepared to challenge ideas within a group in a
constructive way. Ability to influence others and move a proposal
effort toward a common vision or goal.
- Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and efficiently
to team members and clients, verbally and in writing. Able to
present ideas in a variety of ways depending upon audience and
context. Excellent active listening skills. Strong interpersonal
skills with the ability to interact effectively with all levels of
personnel, elected officials, executive leadership, senior
management, users, vendors and subcontractor personnel.
- Problem Solving: Natural inclination for planning strategy and
tactics. Ability to analyze problems and determine root cause,
generating alternatives, evaluating and selecting alternatives and
- Results oriented: Able to drive things forward regardless of
personal interest in the task.
- Extensive infrastructure, operating system and middleware
- Development of metrics and services for measurable continuous
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Ability to present to executive management incident debriefs
and root cause analysis reports.
- Must be familiar with source and artifact control,
configuration and knowledge management.
- Be a customer advocate by consistently meeting, exceeding
expectations and incorporating customer service into all aspects of
work. First Name Last Name Phone Number Email Address Notes Resume
Acceptable file types: .doc, .docx, .pdf Cover Letter Acceptable
file types: .doc, .docx, .pdf
Keywords: Federal Working Group, Bowie , Senior Security Lead, Other , Bowie, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!