Senior Business Analyst - DAS Consulting
Posted on: May 7, 2022
Are you a Business Analyst with an Agile Mindset that is
passionate about technology and interested in joining a community
of collaborative colleagues who respectfully and courageously seek
to challenge the status quo? If so, read on to learn more about an
exciting opportunity with Deloitte's Information Technology
Services (ITS). We are curious and life-long learners focused on
technology and innovation.
Work you'll do
As a Senior Business Systems Analyst, you will maintain a solid
knowledge base of the functional capabilities of the various areas
and products within the assigned product portfolio. You will use
agile methods to analyze, define and document requirements. You
will work with stakeholders and product teams to drive consensus on
scope, design and implementation decisions. You will also provide
agile coaching to product teams and facilitate agile ceremonies.
You will partner with Engagement Managers in leading, directing,
and reviewing all activities associated with delivering technology
products. You will also be responsible for product quality, project
timeliness, and customer satisfaction.
- You will work with business owners to define and document
requirements for a named set of custom developed or vendor software
products, as well as write user stories, acceptance criteria,
feature description decks, user guides, process flows and
- You will have the opportunity to conduct Design Thinking
sessions to gain insights into end user and customer needs.
- You will lead the product backlog for a product by facilitating
visioning sessions, assist in defining and prioritizing features
and by maintaining product backlogs.
- You will partner with other Business Analysts to collaborate on
team dependencies and build a community of practice.
- You will engage with various ITS organizations to resolve
problems in production and non-production environments as they
- You will possess overall understanding of appropriate business
processes and workflows.
- You will engage business owners and other ITS resources to
respond to requests for new applications and/or enhancements and
collaborate with the Engagement Manager to create and present the
appropriate project on-boarding processes and materials.
- You will lead all Testing and QA activities within the project
lifecycle, to include leading off-shore QA resources to develop and
execute Test Plans, Test Scripts and all other work and activities
related to Quality Assurance of the Products.
- You will partner with the Engagement Manager and clients to
plan and execute User Acceptance Testing.
Information Technology Services (ITS) helps power Deloitte's
success. ITS drives Deloitte, which serves many of the world's
largest, most respected organizations. We develop and deploy
cutting-edge internal and go-to-market solutions that help Deloitte
operate effectively and lead in the market. Our reputation is built
on a tradition of delivering with excellence.
The -2,500 professionals in ITS deliver services including:
- Security, risk & compliance
- Technology support
- Relationship management
Deloitte Application Studios (DAS)
Deloitte Application Studios (DAS) is the internal software and
applications development team responsible for delivering
leading-edge technologies to Deloitte professionals. Their broad
portfolio includes web and mobile productivity tools that empower
our people to log expenses, enter timesheets, book travel and more,
anywhere, anytime. DAS enables our client service professionals
through a comprehensive suite of applications across the business
lines. In addition to application delivery, DAS offers full-scale
design services, a robust mobile portfolio, cutting-edge analytics,
and innovative custom development.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business Administration
or equivalent educational or professional experience and/or
- 5+ years of experience working in supporting multiple software
projects in various IT roles.
- 1+ years of Business Analyst or System Analysis experience in
an agile environment.
- 2+ years of Quality Assurance experience, with demonstrated
ability in applying repeatable quality assurance processes and
methods to enterprise-wide technology projects or initiatives.
Experience with test plan creation, automated test scripting, and
- In-depth knowledge of software development lifecycles including
Agile development and testing.
- Excellent written and verbal communications, organization,
analytical, planning and leadership skills.
- Strong management, communication, technical and remote
- Excellent team collaboration skills, to include experience in
dealing with multiple projects and multi-functional teams, and
ability to coordinate across teams in a large matrix organization
- Strong relationship building and maintaining skills. Fosters a
climate conducive to establishing positive working relationships
with clients (internal and external).
- Travel up to 20% (While 20% of travel is a requirement of the
role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended
until further notice
- Limited immigration sponsorship may be available
- Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP) or
Certification of Competency in Business Analysis (CCBA) is a
- Familiarity with SharePoint, MS Project, TFS/VSTS, Automated QA
and wire-framing or visualization tools is a plus.
Keywords: Deloitte, Bowie , Senior Business Analyst - DAS Consulting, Professions , Bowie, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!