Inside Sales Representative
Posted on: November 25, 2022
US1354 Buckhead Meat & Seafood Mid-Atlantic
Minimum Level of Education:
High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience:
Under general supervision, maintain and increase market share by
satisfying existing and new customer needs and meeting
management/department objectives. Coordinate customer service with
all departments within organization. Develop a close working
relationship with customers, and all coordinating departments.
- Identify customer and department needs and satisfy them
- Maintain and develop assigned customer base.
- Working knowledge of all products and categories to drive
penetration of existing accounts.
- Cross-train and foster solid working relationships within
department and with other departments.
- Input orders into computer system.
- Via telephone and other media, sell all major product
categories through the presentation of new products, services,
ideas, uses, and applications to meet all established sales and
- Responsible for creating and maintaining necessary company and
- Responsible for managing daily tasks and reports related to
order processing, shipments, deliveries, customer needs, and others
- Support company sales and gross profit projections and goals as
- Adhere to operational procedures.
- Attend meetings as scheduled.
- Work with sales team.
- Advance education and knowledge of products, company, and
industry through assigned and self-directed internal courses,
meetings, and other resources.
- Attends department sales meetings, as scheduled, and
participates in other activities as requested.
- Working different days, hours and overtime may be needed
- Adhere to all applicable GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice),
personal hygiene, and SQF (Safe Quality Food) policies and
- Perform other duties as required.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
Experience and Professional Skills
- One (1) year minimum experience in sales and/or customer
service position preferred.
- Specialty food, specialty business, and/or culinary experience
- Working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Strong numeric and alpha-numeric data entry skills.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively in a positive manner
both verbally and in writing.
- Attention to detail, accuracy, effectiveness, and
- Pursues knowledge, education, training, and development
- Shares expertise with others.
- Customer service to internal and external customers.
- Solicits internal and external customer feedback to improve
service and processes.
- Responds to requests for service and assistance.
- Maintains confidentiality.
- Participates in meetings, presentations, and
- Ability to read, comprehend, and analyze written information
including, but not limited to general business periodicals,
professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental
- Communicates clearly and effectively through written, spoken,
and other media.
- Attention to detail, accuracy, effectiveness, and efficiency in
all activities and actions.
- Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Follows policies and procedures.
- Supports the organization's goals and values.
- Uses time efficiently, prioritizes and plans work
- Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of
their status or position.
- Adheres to safety and security procedures.
- Reliable and timely attendance.
- Follows instructions and management direction.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of sales techniques, marketing principles, products,
company, industry, and other related areas.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to
questions in one-on-one and small group situations with associates,
managers, representatives, and others.
- Ability to perform required mathematical tasks related to
money, profitability, weight, measurement, volume, distance, and
other related areas.
- Ability to assess situations and problem solve with and/or
without direction and instruction.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those
required by an employee to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
Regularly required to:
- Sit for extended periods.
- Perform repetitive movement and use of fingers, hands, wrists,
and arms to type, handle, feel, and reach.
Occasionally required to:
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, and/or crawl.
- Lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- The work environment is moderately loud.
For information on Sysco's Benefits, please visit
HOW WE PROTECT OUR ASSOCIATES
- Personal protective equipment and masks provided
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
Sysco is the global leader in foodservice distribution. With over
57,000 associates and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles, Sysco
operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and
serves more than 625,000 customer locations.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and
professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic
organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their
expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals
to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco
is at the heart of food and service.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race,
color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or
any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its
subsidiaries and affiliates.
Keywords: Sysco, Bowie , Inside Sales Representative, Other , Bowie, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!