Physical Therapist Assistant-Outpatient
Company: Anne Arundel Medical Center
Posted on: November 17, 2022
Physical Therapy Assistant-FT
Across six counties in Maryland, and more coming, join us in our
mission to RISE.
In addition to working alongside a dynamite and collaborative
Physical Therapy team, we offer:
- Offering Competitive Sign-on Bonuses
- New-grad Mentorship Opportunities
- Competitive Benefits Packages (Medical, Dental, Vision) - Full
time benefits for all staff that are employed at 24+ hours
- Employer Match Retirement Plan
- Robust PTO and Holidays
- Flexible Scheduling (4x10)
- Continued education: Reimbursement of up to $1,500
- MedBridge Online Course Subscription
- Increased Tuition Assistance - up to $4,000
- Opportunity for Incentive Bonuses
- Ability to earn Referral Bonuses
- Non-Profit Status: Eligible to Apply for Federal Public Servant
Loan Forgiveness Programs
Provides therapeutic treatments to patients, neonatal to geriatric,
according to departmental standards and only under the direction of
a Physical Therapist. Utilizes only methods and procedures within
the scope of the practice of limited physical therapy, and
documents same according to departmental standards.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Conducts physical therapy treatments according to established
departmental policies and procedures.
- Documents physical therapy treatments according to departmental
- Documents patient and/or family education, interdisciplinary
collaboration, and patient's response to treatment.
- Immediately discontinues any treatment procedure which appears
to be harmful to the patient and notifies the supervising Physical
- Actively participates in departmental in-service activities.
Attends continuing education seminars and takes the responsibility
to conduct seminar related in-services in a timely manner.
- Consults with and serves as a resource for physicians, nursing
staff, and other clinicians to increase knowledge of physical
therapy and to identify the need for physical therapy services for
patients of all ages.
- Instructs patients and families in physical therapy regimes to
promote compliance in meeting therapeutic objectives.
- Provides in-service training to other disciplines as
- Participates in departmental quality assurance activities as
- Inspects, sterilizes, assembles, and maintains physical therapy
- Physical Therapy Assistant Associates Degree
- Prior acute care experience preferred, however, new graduates
will be considered, dependent on current departmental staffing.
Current license to practice Limited Physical Therapy by the Board
of Physical Therapy Examiners of Maryland.
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position
will be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands -Heavy work.Exerting up to 100 pounds of force
occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up
to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
The physical demands and work environment that have been described
are representative of those an employee encounters while performing
the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations
may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions in accordance with the Americans with
The above job description is an overview of the functions and
requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be
an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this
position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed
Keywords: Anne Arundel Medical Center, Bowie , Physical Therapist Assistant-Outpatient, Other , Bowie, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!