Posted on: September 19, 2022
US1354 Buckhead Meat & Seafood Mid-Atlantic
Minimum Level of Education:
High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience:
A router is responsible for fielding incoming calls from drivers
and customer service. Gathers and records delivery time information
and delivery status on selected accounts. Routes orders for next
day deliveries, along with assisting with other functions required
of the transportation department.
- Administer the routing system by manually routing orders using
- Performing maintenance on the routing system.
- Set up new accounts for the routing system.
- Prints and sorts pick tickets for distribution to
- Preforms dispatching functions.
- Reconciles driver manifest.
- High School or GED.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in a transportation/warehouse
- Knowledge of delivery areas.
- Good communication skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Must be able to use a computer terminal effectively, as well as
other office equipment.
- Regularly required to talk and hear.
- Ability to sit for extended periods.
- Must be able to perform data entry functions continuously.
Most important decisions made fully independently:
- Routing of orders and trucks.
Most important decisions made with review and approval of other
individuals or supervisors (include the reviews/approvals
- All work regularly reviewed by the supervisor and manager.
For information on Sysco's Benefits, please visit
HOW WE PROTECT OUR ASSOCIATES
- Personal protective equipment and masks provided
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
Sysco is the global leader in foodservice distribution. With over
57,000 associates and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles, Sysco
operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and
serves more than 625,000 customer locations.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and
professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic
organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their
expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals
to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco
is at the heart of food and service.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race,
color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or
any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its
subsidiaries and affiliates. Associated topics: call center,
client, customer care, guest, phone call, service call, service
representative, support specialist, telephone, telephone activation
Keywords: SYSCO, Bowie , Router- Sysco, Other , Bowie, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!