Junior Interior Designer
Company: Interior Concepts, Inc.
Posted on: January 7, 2022
Our award winning Annapolis based Interior Design firm is
currently seeking Interior Designers. The ideal candidate will be
proficient in AutoCAD, with the ability to hand draft, including
The ideal candidate will have an understanding of architectural
detailing of the space and will be able to read plans proficiently.
Proficiency in paperwork, budget guidelines and paper processes
throughout a project, is a must. The candidate will assist
designers with selections of fabrics, furniture, wallpaper and
The candidate will also be expeditious, well organized and able to
multitask. Must work well within a team, as well as independently.
Must be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
Applicants must have a 4 year degree in Interior Design. 2-5 years
of experience preferred.
If you are a degreed Interior Designer who is interested in an
opportunity to join our talented team, apply today!
Please send cover letter and resume along with an on line
Full Job Description:
Reports to: Staff or Senior Designer
1. Hand drafting skills, including space planning and working
knowledge of CAD
2. Basic knowledge of architectural detailing of the space, read
3. Proficient in furniture/accessory placement
4. Ability to successfully shop and pull independently for
different projects and varied demographics
5. Functionality/understanding of the function and feel of the
6. History of design can define the style and feeling of a
7. Knowledge of marketing statement/lifestyle elements
8. Proficiency in paperwork, budget guidelines, paper processes
9. Knowledge of vendor resources and communication with vendors and
10. Ability to follow through, effective decision making,
effective/responsible communication to foster good team
11. Assist designer with reselections of fabrics, wallpaper and
furniture when needed (do not wait to be directed to reselect)
12. Communication of customer service issues to customer service
13. Assist with window treatments design and confirm calculations
in the Builder Dept.
14. Assist with window treatments design and calculations in the
1. Minimum of 4-year degree in Interior Design
Perform other related duties as assigned
Senior or Staff Designer
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with
or without notice.
Keywords: Interior Concepts, Inc., Bowie , Junior Interior Designer, Other , Bowie, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!