Company: General Dynamics Information Technology
Posted on: October 20, 2019
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:No Active Clearance
RequiredClearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:No Active Clearance
RequiredSuitability:Agency SpecificJob Family:Software
The team supporting the Administrative Office of the US Courts (AO)
Case Management System Office (CMSO) is organized into 16 sub agile
teams. We develop integrated solutions using the Agile/SAFe
Framework. We focus on software development within AO to deliver
systems for the Case Management and Electronic Case Filing (CM/ECF)
Portfolio, which consists of mission-critical case management and
related software to support federal appellate, district, and
bankruptcy court judges and staff and external stakeholders.
The CM/ECF Software Developer will work as part of an agile
development team to build and support enterprise-class software
applications. The current technology stack includes front-end web
interfaces, web services, server-side business logic batch jobs
such as extract-transform-load (ETL), and database backends. This
position will contribute to an ongoing modernization effort and
will therefore be responsible for researching and developing new
technologies, products, and standards which can be incorporated
into the CM/ECF suite of applications. The current technical
environment includes Informix, Java/Spring Boot, Perl, shell
infrastructure, and mobile and web technologies.
The Senior Java Developer will execute the following
- Participate in an agile team to deliver the full lifecycle,
including requirements, architecture, design, development, testing
- Design, develop, and maintain code that meets requirements, is
high quality, and performs efficiently and effectively to provide a
great customer experience.
- Incorporate standards and best practices, including
performance, security, scalability, and maintainability.
- Update and maintain system design documents.
- Review and provide feedback on functional and technical
- Define and propose solutions for meeting requirements.
- Contributing to improvements in the software development
lifecycle (SDLC) utilizing practices such as test-driven
development (TDD), static code analysis, code reviews, continuous
integration, continuous delivery, and automated security
- Working closely with solutions architects to ensure system
design follows the industry best practices and standards that
aligned with the Judiciary framework.
- Investing in learning and the software development efficiency
of the entire office through teamwork, personal responsibility,
individual and group training, and process improvement.
- Provide Operational support expertise, including the
- Debugging software in production, including:
- collecting and analyzing server logs directly and via log
aggregation tools such as with Splunk,
- making use of application performance monitoring tools such as
- performing systematic assessments for identifying root causes
of faults or problems.
- Understanding production environments including security
hardening, performance tuning, and access control.
- Reproducing failures in development environments with test
- Recommending coding solutions for other developers to
- Bachelors degree plus at least five years (5+) of specialized
experience in software development, automated testing, and
debugging/ support experience in a web-based environment.
- Expert level Java developer experience.
- Significant experience with JSP and Servlets, or with Java
Server Faces (JSF).
- Experience with RESTful web services.
- SQL and data modeling experience, including experience working
with ORM tools/frameworks such as Hibernate (including a working
knowledge of JPA).
- Extensive experience developing applications in an agile
- Outstanding communication, organization, time management, and
- Good written and verbal communication skills coupled with
strong listening skills.
- Experience with Git or other distributed source control
- Experience in analyzing log files generated by servers, Splunk
tool and other performance monitoring tools
- Working knowledge and experience in Federal IT security
guidelines and practices and Section 508/ Accessibility.
- Working knowledge and experience in cloud-based
- Ability to contribute on an individual basis as well as
demonstrate your strengths as a team player as a member of an agile
- Experience communicating and collaborating with other software
developers, business owners, and management.
- Experience in technologies and frameworks such as Perl, Spring
applications and understanding of cloud architecture, automation
and CI/CD, and security minded design and development.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40Telecommuting Options:Some Telecommuting
AllowedWork Location:USA DC WashingtonAdditional Work Locations:For
more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has
served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems
engineering, training, and professional services to customers
across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial
sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise
solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs, and provide mission
support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected
Keywords: General Dynamics Information Technology, Bowie , Java Developer, IT / Software / Systems , Washington, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!