Retail Store Associate
Company: Wills Group
Posted on: July 30, 2022
Crossroads Dash In, 8078 Ritchie Hwy, Pasadena, Maryland, United
States of America Req
Saturday, July 23, 2022
Have you heard? Dash In, a Wills Group company, is Great Place to
Work Certified ! We re proud of this achievement and our people who
make greatness happen. Want to join a company that puts its people
Dash In is currently seeking Sales Associates to join our Dash In
team in Pasadena, MD! Starting at $14.50 per hour! Plus earn an
additional premium for overnight shifts!
We are a leading convenience merchandise and motor fuel marketer of
The Wills Group, Inc., serving customers at over 65 retail outlets
throughout Maryland, Virginia and Delaware. The Wills Group is a
$1.5 billion company and the largest independent marketer of Shell
Oil in the country. Throughout our 90 years in the industry, we
have gained a reputation of driving innovation, providing our
customers products and services at exceptional value, and fostering
a great work environment for professional development and
The essential function of a Sales Associate will be to provide
customer service including assistance to customers, preparation of
consumable food items to meet the guidelines of regulatory agencies
and company standards, project a positive image of the company
while in prescribed uniform, proper recording of sales and cash
control, and maintain store appearance and cleanliness
Why You Should Join Dash In
At Dash In, our mantra is: Learn. Grow. Lead. We believe the
success of our company lies in the depth and durability of our
employees and is why we are committed to continued learning and
advancement for all employees. We are proud to offer a flexible job
that empowers you with the skill to be a professional, from working
with diverse teams and customers to building the foundation for
your future. Every day, we are leading in our community, being
responsible neighbors and focused on doing what is good for the
environment and our neighborhood, not just our bottom line.
At Dash In, we re not only redefining the convenient store
experience, we re also offering the perfect mix of ingredients to
create the career you always wanted.
Our mission to fuel the everyday journeys of our customers starts
with hardworking people like you - who want to provide great
service, enjoyable experiences, and embark on a journey to develop
their own career. How far you go is up to you. From the moment you
start, we re here to help you grow from a valuable team member to
leading a team of your own. And along the way, we ll reward you
with a salary and benefits to match.
Benefits and Perks
Life at Dash In has many perks. We work hard to ensure every team
member lives life to the fullest outside the store. We fully
believe that when we support and encourage one another, our
customer and stores benefit greatly. We take pride in investing in
our people s well-being. That s why we back our words with
competitive total rewards packages.
- Paid vacation starting at 2-weeks
- Paid Community Engagement - 2 paid community service days each
- Education - 100% tuition reimbursement for eligible
- Healthcare - Affordable medical, dental, and vision plans with
an option for health savings account
- Paid Parental Leave - Paid leave for new dads and moms
- Insurance - Pet insurance, basic life insurance, and short-term
Benefits for All Employees:
- Career Growth - Advancement Opportunities in the Mid-Atlantic
- Training & Development - Extensive training and management
development programs to grow your career
- Financial Well-being - Enrollment into employer 401(k) at 60
days of employment with a company match up to 7%
- Employee Discounts - Free coffee & fountain beverages, plus
discounts on fresh food & car washes
- $500 LifeBalance Account - Dash In contributes $500 annually
for eligible healthcare expenses for part-time employees,
eligibility after 6 months of employment
What You ll Accomplish Day to Day
- Preparing food in appropriate time frame, meeting safety and
- Communicating with Guests in the Made to Order (MTO) service
area, suggestive selling Make it a Meal to help drive sales
- Operating food service equipment and ensuring kitchen
cleanliness ( i.e., flattop, coolers, floors, freezer, deep fryer,
- Using food prep tools effectively ( i.e., temp log, prep
- While standing and moving within the register and food
preparation area behind the service counter, reach and retrieve
items from floor level to seven feet above the floor and operate
store and food service equipment which will include an electronic
cash register, gasoline console, credit card machines, money order
machines, TACC (Timed Access Cash Control Machines), food stamp
machine, deep fryer, slicers, scale, grill, hot dog cookers, ovens,
display cases and breading machines; operate floor buffer in aisles
and open spaces of sales floor.
- Control cash to accuracy as prescribed in company policy
manuals for overages and shortages.
- Maintain stock levels, food service items and general
merchandise by stocking shelves, reaching items from packing
cartons and placing items on display units ranging from floor level
to seven feet above the floor and move cases weighing up to 35
pounds to retrieve needed stock selection
- Using proper lifting techniques and with assistance, lift and
place in service, up to five feet above floor level, five- gallon
soft drink containers which may be BIB (Bag In a Box) or cylinders
weighing between 50 and 65 pounds.
- Using proper lifting and or climbing techniques lift containers
of cubed ice weighing up to 15 pounds to a height of six feet to
fill ice dispensers for fountain drinks.
- Maintain physical store appearance by sweeping, mopping floors,
buffing as required, cleaning rest rooms and residual internal and
external equipment, maintain exterior appearance by picking up
trash and refuse from grassy areas, shrubbery beds and parking lots
and emptying trash containers into dumpsters.
- If authorized by manager, measure product and check for water
in underground storage tanks and record results in accordance with
What You ll Bring to the Table
- 1+ year of kitchen/line cook experience preferred
- Prior customer service experience is a must
- Prior supervisory experience is a plus.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and be at least
18 years of age.
- Possesses or in pursuit of High School Diploma/GED preferred,
or enrollment into company paid GED completion program.
- Background and drug screen required.
COVID-19 Safety Precautions
During this COVID-19 environment, we are actively keeping our
people and communities safe by following all safety measures and
guidelines outlined by the CDC. We are also providing PPE for
employees, while maintaining a fun and exciting work
Dash In is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not
discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment
because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual
orientation or national origin.
- Job Family Retail Operations
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $14.50
- Max Hiring Rate $16.00
- Travel Required No
Keywords: Wills Group, Bowie , Retail Store Associate, Hospitality & Tourism , Bowie, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!