Company: Charter Senior Living
Posted on: May 9, 2022
Why Charter Senior Living?
"I love that Charter does not send us menus and tell us what we
have to cook. I get to cook what our residents love. Charter give
use the resources to thousands of recipes that give me the
nutritional information. So I can be free to be creative. When I
prepare the resident's favorites, I see their smiles and know I am
enhancing their lives through my cooking." - --Charter Senior
Offering Health Insurance for Full Time Associates -
- Competitive Hourly Wage
- Perfect Attendance bonus offer monthly- Earn an extra $100 per
month (after taxes). For non-management positions.
- Health Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Resident Referral Bonus
Your potential is unlimited. As a small boutique company, we are
committed to helping each of our Associates have more than just a
"job". We want each of our associates to feel like they a career
and an opportunity to grow. Learn more about Charter and how you
can become part of an organization that is committed to the future
of their Associates.
The Cook is responsible for the preparation, presentation of
highest quality meals and service and to perform duties as required
for the smooth operation of the Dining Services Department.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Promptly discuss and resolve any potential food services
problems with all involved team members and team leaders.
- Prepare breakfast, lunch or dinner and assist with production
or service lines.
- Prepare hot and cold items as designated by First Cook or
Dining Services Director.
- Follow all health department practices, safety practices, and
infection control practices.
- Break down service line and clean work area as scheduled or
instructed by First Cook or Dining Services Director. Properly care
for and clean all work areas and equipment.
- Store all food, label and date accordingly. Keep storage areas
clean and organized.
- Assist utility person in performing his/her duties.
- Always maintain a professional attitude. Handle all resident
concerns and complaints with finesse and in a caring, polite, and
- Must be a Serve Safe Certified if necessary, per state
- Has familiarity and willingness to work with the elderly
population. Previous experience preferred, but not
- Preferred proficiency in English. Must be able to routinely
follow written and verbal instructions.
- Attend in-services monthly required for position.
- Push, pull, and lift at least 50 pounds. -
- Must be able to stand, walk, stoop, and bend for periods of up
to eight hours with breaks as provided for in the employee
- All offers of employment are subject to passing background
Equal Opportunity Employer
MISSION: To Enhance The Human Spirit -
CORE VALUES: - -To Serve with Heart, -To Serve with Purpose, -To
Serve with Courage and -To Have Fun While ServingJB.0.00.LN
Keywords: Charter Senior Living, Bowie , Cook, Hospitality & Tourism , Bowie, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!