Patient Services Coordinator-LPN, Home Health
Company: CenterWell Home Health
Posted on: September 14, 2023
DescriptionResponsibilitiesThe Patient Services Coordinator-LPN
is directly responsible for scheduling visits and communicating
with field staff, patients, physicians, etc. to maintain proper
care coordination and continuity of care. The role also assists
with day-to-day office and staff management
- Manages schedules for all patients. Edits schedule for agents
calling in sick, ensuring patients are reassigned timely. Updates
agent unavailability in worker console.
- Initiates infection control forms as needed, sends the HRD the
completed "Employee Infection Report" to upload in the worker
- Serves as back up during the lunch hour and other busy times
including receiving calls from the field staff and assisting with
weekly case conferences. Refers clinical questions to Branch
Director as necessary.
- Maintains the client hospitalization log, including entering
coordination notes, and sending electronic log to all office,
field, and sales staff.
- Completes requested schedule as task appears on the action
screen. Ensures staff are scheduled for skilled nurse/injection
visits unless an aide supervisory visit is scheduled in conjunction
with the injection visit.
- Completes requested schedules for all add-ons and applicable
- Schedules discharge visit / OASIS Collection or recert visit
following case conference when task appears on action screen.
- Schedules TIF OASIS collection visits and deletes remaining
- Reschedules declined or missed (if appropriate) visits.
- Processes reassigned and rescheduled visits.
- Ensures supervisory visits are scheduled.
- Runs all scheduling reports including Agent Summary Report and
Missed Visits Done on Paper Report.
- Prepares weekly Agent Schedules. Performs initial review of
weekly schedule for productivity / geographic issues and forwards
schedule to Branch Director for approval prior to distribution to
- Verifies visit paper notes in scheduling console as
- Assists with internal transfer of patients between branch
- If clinical, receives lab reports and assesses for normality,
fax a copy of lab to doctor, make a copy for the Case Manager, and
route to Medical Records Department. Initiate Employee / Patient
Infection Reports as necessary.
- If clinical, may be required to perform patient visits and / or
participate in on-call rotation. Required Experience/Skills:
- Be a Licensed Professional Nurse or a Licensed Vocational Nurse
licensed in the state in which he / she practices
- Have at least 1 year of home health experience.
- Prior packet review / QI experience preferred.
- Coding certification is preferred.
- Must possess a valid state driver's license and automobile
- Must be currently licensed in the State of employment if
- Must possess excellent communication skills, the ability to
interact well with a diverse group of individuals, strong
organizational skills, and the ability to manage and prioritize
multiple assignments.Scheduled Weekly Hours40
Keywords: CenterWell Home Health, Bowie , Patient Services Coordinator-LPN, Home Health, Healthcare , Bowie, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!