Medical Assistant - Premier OB-GYN - Full-time - 8:30 a.m. - 5;00 p.m.
Company: Anne Arundel Medical Center
Posted on: August 2, 2022
Medical Assistants perform a variety of administrative and clinical
tasks to help provide care to patients, support, providers, and
keep office operations running smoothly.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Able to accurately register andschedule patients, print
documents to include the provider's dailyschedule
- Ensures that sufficientinventories of medical and office
supplies are stocked and maintained inthe office and exam
- Able to process the ordering of clinical supplies in accordance
with practice standards.
- Demonstrates an understanding ofQuality Assurance/Quality
Control standards; completes lab requests, referral and health
forms and maintains logs as mandated by state and federal
regulatory guidelines, policies and procedures of AAHCE.
Administers injections, EKG's, spirometry, perform phlebotomy, and
renders therapeutic treatments (practice specific) as instructed by
- Understands how to determinepatient eligibility using programs
such as Medicaid EVS; can consistentlyidentify when a patient is in
need of a referral and/or preauthorization.;
- Answers and screens office calls, greets patients in a
professional and timely manner; projects propertelephone etiquette;
understands when it is acceptable to releasepatient's protected
- Accurate, complete, and timelydata input within the bounds of
record access and in compliance with the processes and procedures
governing the electronic health record. Accessingpatient record
information only as it directly pertains to the performance of work
- Able to obtain patient vitalsigns and properly document them in
the patient's medical record. Interviews, triages and prepares
patients to facilitate smooth flow,assists providers in medical
examinations, and provides other general assistance to the provider
and staff as necessary.
- Demonstrates the I.C.A.R.E. behaviors toimprove the patient's
- Performs other projects andduties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- One year of clerical/billing experience in a medical office
- If serving as a bilingual/multilingual interpreter,
certification in Medical Interpretation is required to perform the
duties of a qualified interpreter.
- Experience operating multi-line phone systems, fax machines,
photocopiers, PCs, credit card machines, glucometers, EKG machines
and other medical equipment as required by the medical
- Certified Medical Assistant, or Registered Medical
- Current American Heart Association Health CareProvider CPR
certification is required.
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position
will be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands - Heavy
Heavy work. Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or
up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of
force constantly to move objects.
The physical demands and work environment that have been described
are representative of those an employee encounters while performing
the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations
may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions in accordance with the Americans with
The above job description is an overview of the functions and
requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be
an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this
position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed
Keywords: Anne Arundel Medical Center, Bowie , Medical Assistant - Premier OB-GYN - Full-time - 8:30 a.m. - 5;00 p.m., Healthcare , Bowie, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!