Company: MEDSTAR HEALTH
Posted on: April 3, 2021
- MedStar Ambulatory Services is committed to providing
world-class, compassionate care to every patient,every time, at
every touch point. All associates are accountable for their role in
meeting patient experience standards.
- Performs clinical and administrative duties in an Ambulatory
setting consistent with policies and procedures.Works under the
supervision of a physician and performs patient triage,
venipuncture, laboratory testing,patient follow up, and assisting
providers with patient exams. Also performs and transmits X-ray
diagnostic images. This position documents as appropriate in the
medical records and supports optimal patient flow.Ability to work
with 4 or more Specialty areas as needed. Must have knowledge base
of multispecialty areas and high degree of flexibility and
willingness to learn. Minimum Qualifications
- Completion of an approved R.T. Program, Associates degree
preferred. Completion of an approved M.A. program is a plus.
- Externship in a medical or ambulatory health setting; 2+ years
of Medical Office experience strongly preferred; experience working
with electronic medical records preferred.
- ARRT (American Registry of Radiologic Technologists)
certification; Radiology Technologist license in the State of
Maryland required. CPR certification required. In addition to ARRT,
a CMA (Certified Medical Assistant) by American Association of
Medical Assistants or RMA (Registered Medical Assistant) through
American Medical Technologies is preferred.
- Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Clinical competency as verified during the initial 90 day
orientation period and annually thereafter.Excellent customer
service/patient interaction skills; computers and electronic
medical record skills and ability to function in a variable
multi-specialty clinical setting. Excellent verbal and written
communication skills.Ability to establish and maintain effective
working relationships. Ability to multitask and work with several
physicians in different specialties. Ability to maintain a work
pace appropriate to the workload. Primary Duties and
- Acquires ordered images including evaluating these images for
technical quality. Sends images to appropriate destinations for
interpretation and repeats images as needed.
- Comprehends equipment and procedures for all specialists
working within the facility. Calls in refill prescription
medications for patients after physician approval and
documentation; completes requisitions for tests (if applicable).
Supports the physician in patient examination, testing and
- Contributes to the achievement of established department goals
and objectives and adheres to department policies, procedures,
quality standards, and safety standards. Complies with governmental
and accreditation regulations.
- Maintains individual credentials for radiography.
- Maintains log system and performs required patient follow up
for pap smears, Pb levels, HIV, mammograms, and STD's.
- Maintains orderliness and cleanliness of work areas. Reports
any unsafe or potentially unsafe conditions.
- Manages patient flow with consistent and frequent communication
with patients/ families as well genuine regard for their time and
- Monitors that the equipment is in proper working order and
reports system problems in a timely manner. Cleans, stocks and
sterilizes equipment; Cleans and prepares patient rooms for care
delivery. Discards outdated drugs from medications cabinet.
- Participates in multidisciplinary quality and service
improvement teams as appropriate. Participates in meetings, serves
on committees and represents the department and hospital/facility
in community outreach efforts as appropriate.
- Performs annual reporting to include protective device survey
(all lead aprons inspected with fluoro) and repeat analysis for
- Performs multifunctional skills, other testing and care
consistent with the scope of practice including, but not limited
to, spirometry/PFTs, patient vitals and BMI, EKGs, vision and
hearing testing, splinting, tuberculosis skin testing, pregnancy
testing, urinalysis, venipuncture, finger sticks on adults and heel
sticks on infants, microbiology (Streptococcal testing and
cultures) and general patient care under the supervision of the
physician. Removes sutures/staples with provider written order
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Performs radiographic examinations.
- Prepares, as required by the profession and the department,
such written documentation as evaluation results, individualized
treatment plans, and progress reports.
- Promotes an atmosphere of respect towards patients, families,
vendors, employers and co-workers. Acts and communicates
professionally at all times. Provides care consistent with
MedStar's mission, vision and values and in a manner that engenders
patient confidence and loyalty by exceeding expectations. Acts as a
mentor for the clinical staff; leads by example and fosters staff
- Serves as a patient advocate throughout the care process and
assist in patient discharge, assuring clarity for the patient or
family member(s) in conjunction with the Referral Coordinator.
- Supports other members of the clinic team during downtime and
when patient bottlenecks occur assuring optimal patient flow;
manages variable and unpredictable patient volume throughout the
work day. Provides telephone triage services as needed. Performs
patient follow up calls and profession communication or lab tests
and clinical results in accordance with policy.
- Transports patients to radiographic room. Prepares and
- Under physician supervision, prepares and administers oral
medications and injections limited to intradermal, subcutaneous,
and intramuscular (deltoid, gluteal and vastus lateralis according
to policy). About MedStar Health MedStar Health is dedicated to
providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the
Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine
through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates
and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings
across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300
community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association
in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to
research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical
partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is
dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but
also to the continuing education and professional development of
our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for
career advancement and personal fulfillment.
Keywords: MEDSTAR HEALTH, Bowie , Radiology Technologist, Healthcare , Bowie, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!