Occupational Therapist - Float Pool (PRN) AAMG - PT (Bowie) - Hand Therapy
Company: First American
Posted on: May 16, 2020
Evaluates patients for occupational therapy services and provides
therapeutic intervention according to departmental standards.
Assesses the appropriateness and effectiveness of services provided
to patients and documents according to departmental standards.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions
* Performs occupational evaluations and develops an effective
treatment plan appropriate to a patient's rehabilitation needs
within the care continuum and according to departmental policies
* Selects and competently uses a variety of appropriate treatment
* Documents a patients response to treatment and supports medical
necessity for the continuation of skilled care.
* Consistently documents a patients vital signs and patient/family
education according to departmental standards.
* Documents functional and measureable goals in the occupational
therapy plan of care and updates them according to departmental
* Provides technical supervision, direction, and support to
Occupational Therapy Assistants, Rehab Aides, students, and
* Meets departmental productivity standards.
* Routinely consults with physicians and other clinicians to
increase knowledge of occupational therapy and to identify the need
for occupational therapy services.
* Participates in interdisciplinary/team meetings, MD/student
in-services, and monthly departmental meetings when indicated.
Actively participates in departmental in-service activities and
attends continuing education seminars
* Participates in and completes materials related to departmental
process improvement, departmental yearly competencies, productivity
logs/patient statistics, and HealthStream in a timely manner.
The minimum level of education and experience for this position
* Bachelor of Science degree in Occupational Therapy.
* Outpatient Rehabilitation or related experience
* Current license to practice Occupational Therapy by the Maryland
Board of Occupational Therapy Practice
* Current American Heart Association Healthcare Provider BLS CPR
* A minimum of 0.5 FTE status is required to hold this position
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position
will be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands Heavy lifting
Heavy work. Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or
up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of
force constantly to move objects.
The physical demands and work environment that have been described
are representative of those an employee encounters while performing
the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations
may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions in accordance with the Americans with
The above job description is an overview of the functions and
requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be
an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this
position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed
Keywords: First American, Bowie , Occupational Therapist - Float Pool (PRN) AAMG - PT (Bowie) - Hand Therapy, Healthcare , Bowie, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!