Director of Events - Account Management (Onsite)
Company: MGM Resorts
Posted on: November 18, 2022
Become one of the stars behind The SHOW and become part of the
world's most powerful entertainment brands. Our Company has one
exciting mission: To entertain the human race.
The Director of Events, Account Management will be responsible for
driving strategic planning and development of the MGM Resorts Event
Productions Account Management team. This role will be key in the
oversight of event management and execution for all MGM Resorts
Event Productions events. This role will be an important
contributor and leader with an opportunity to develop a strategic
roadmap and vision for the event management discipline, as well as
serve as a courageous leader to an incredibly talented team of
Account Managers. All duties are to be performed in accordance with
departmental and MGMRI policies, practices, and procedures.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create and lead the long-term strategy for event account
management with an eye on continuous improvement to achieve
tangible outcomes in both improved customer experiences, as well as
efficiencies throughout the process.
- Responsible for the development and leadership of a team of
Account Management professionals who will be responsible for the
day-to-day activities associated with event planning and execution.
Identify special skills and opportunities within the team while
cultivating a passion for event management, and provide alignment
with company strategies, leadership philosophies, and other
- Create and implement a proactive process that promotes seeking
and sharing information for the purposes of event planning that
create a collaborative environment between other departments and
vendors in the event space.
- Research, develop, and be a champion for innovative solutions
for the department that build on industry trends as well as MGM
Resorts strategic priorities.
- Create and implement an effective staff assignment process that
aligns skills and workload with the right staffing while providing
opportunities to grow and develop account management skills.
- Provide oversight for the financial model - building, tracking,
and reporting for all MGM Resorts Event Productions events.
- Support other COE special as assigned.
- Perform other job-related duties as requested.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- 4 + years of prior relevant experience.
- Regular scheduled hours - Monday through Friday 9:00 AM to 5:00
- Other - Must be flexible as needed for work outside of normal
- 6 + years of management experience.
- 8 + years of diverse event planning experience.
- Proven record of developing and implementing processes and
- Proven record of working within tight timelines and
- Proven record of relationship management.
- Proven record of innovation and continuous improvement.
- Positive team spirit and collaborative work style.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: N/A
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Budgeting, Tracking and Reporting financial acumen.
- Ability to review event challenges and issues to effectively
resolve them to client satisfaction.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Flexible work style, calm under pressure.
- Detail oriented.
Las Vegas, Nevada
Keywords: MGM Resorts, Bowie , Director of Events - Account Management (Onsite), Executive , Bowie, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!