Digital Marketing Manager - Hybrid
Company: Wills Group
Posted on: July 30, 2022
Digital Marketing Manager - Hybrid
The Wills Group, 102 Centennial St, La Plata, Maryland, United
States of America
Tuesday, July 5, 2022
Have you heard? The Wills Group is Great Place to Work
Certified---! We're proud of this achievement and our people who
make greatness happen. Want to join a company that puts its people
first? The Wills Group is seeking a Manager of Web & Digital
Marketing to join our team!
Job Purpose and Function
The Digital Marketing Manager will be responsible for executing
website, mobile and email marketing strategies intended to drive
engagement, traffic, and revenue for Wills Group Retail Marketing
brands: fuel, convenience, and car wash. With a customer-centric
approach, this position will be responsible for developing and
executing the CRM communication for loyalty launch. The manager
will also lead content strategy; write/post copy for websites
pages, recommend data-driven template and navigation updates;
leverage SEO and paid advertising and assist business content
owners with information architect design and content strategy to
maximize marketing effectiveness.
The Digital Marketing Manager will develop and execute the strategy
for all brands' email/ SMS marketing activities including designing
and managing email marketing campaigns, and email personalization,
testing, and measurement. The Digital Marketing Manager will be a
self-starter with strategic and tactical capabilities and
experience working with both creative and technology teams. The
Digital Marketing Manager will convert website analysis into
compelling insights and actionable recommendations.
Key Accountabilities (How You'll Make an Impact)
- Website Management
- Maintain and update web content and image files including
writing unique content on CMS system for desktop and
- Analyze retail marketing brand website(s) architecture,
content, linking and other factors to identify and execute
initiatives to improve organic search visibility.
- Online Listings
- Responsible for managing and improving performance of online
listings of 250+ locations to drive onsite conversion. -
- Serve as an SEO subject matter expert, advising teams in
marketing and other departments on current and future SEO trends
and best practices.
- Apply knowledge and best keywords to enable strong
- Monitor quality, click through rates and conversion rates
- Identify low performing ads and placements and make changes
necessary to maximize profit and volume.
- E-mail & SMS Marketing
- Develop and manage trigger email/ SMS campaigns using
Salesforce Marketing Cloud tools throughout the customer lifecycle
to maximize driving traffic to online and offline.
- Insights into Action
- Uses analytics to make site improvements, support growth
initiatives and measure the effectiveness of web and digital
- Copy/Content Writing & Editing
- Developing, writing, posting, and maintaining content for
- Technology Enablement
- Collaborate with IT and other vendors for support and
resolution of technical issues.
- Ensure all functions of the system work effectively with all
other applications, operating systems, legacy databases, and new
Customer Data Platform.
- Project Management
- Assists with publicity project management, external
communications, and provides consultations as needed.
- Competitor Analysis
- Monitor and analyze competitors and potential acquisition
Required Qualifications and Skills (What We're Looking For)
- Bachelor's degree required, preferred areas of study
business, marketing and/or communications.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
preferred; ability to demonstrate strong project management skills
Required Experience (What You Bring to the Table)
- 5+ years of progressive, related experience, including website
management, SEO/SEM, PPC, email creation, deployment, and analytics
- Strong project management experience; experience coordinating
efforts of cross-functional teams, delivering results, and meeting
- Experience collaborating with multiple agencies (creative,
technical, database, etc.); ability to influence people across
roles and departments throughout the organization.
- Experience in the development of mobile application platforms,
opt-in collection, and delivery of SMS/MMS/text programs and
using Salesforce Marketing Cloud tools.
- Passion for and experience with websites and their vital role
in the communications and marketing process.
- Strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills; able to write
engaging copy for e-communications (i.e., online promotions and
content, etc.) which adhere to brand and voice guidelines.
- Experience managing digital marketing solutions and website
personalization; familiarity with other digital marketing concepts,
best practices, and processes.
- Technical marketing skills; experience in marketing technology,
including Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Google Analytics, WordPress,
- Experience in implementing integrated marketing plans and
- Creative/design sense respective to all digital
- Experience in customer journey mapping and omni-channel
- Experience in customer segmentation, dynamic content, and
testing methodologies (i.e., A/B, multivariate, etc.).
- Adapting and responding to change
- Working with people
- Delivering results and meeting customer expectations
- Creating and innovating
- Planning and organizing
Environmental & Physical Requirements
- Ability to remain in stationary position for extended
- Ability to transport a laptop and occasionally move or position
boxes of materials up to 20 lbs.
- Ability to occasionally move about inside the office to access
file cabinets, office machinery, etc. - -
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity
machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer
- The person in this position frequently communicates with other
employees and partners who seek or share company information. Must
be able to exchange accurate information and express oneself in
these situations. - -
Why You Should Join Wills Group
We are a $1.5 billion company headquartered in La Plata, Maryland
(an easy 45-minute reverse commute from DC) with nearly 300 retail
locations across the Mid-Atlantic region, including Dash In, Splash
In ECO Car Wash, and SMO Motor Fuels. A family-owned company since
1926, our passion areas are in convenience retailing, fuels
marketing, and commercial real estate and we pride ourselves on
keeping our customers', employees', and communities' Lives in
Our Wills Group employees come to work for more than just a
paycheck, but rather they come to learn, make contributions, make
an impact, and feel valued as a part of our family-friendly
culture. - We have a work-hard, play-hard mentality that makes us a
progressive company and we thrive on giving back to our community.
- That is what is core to our DNA. -
Benefits and Perks
Are you interested in flexible working hours, including telework
opportunities, free parking, a modern work environment with monthly
employee events, collaboration spaces, and caf-- with unlimited
soft drinks, coffee, and lattes? - - Then the Wills Group is just
the place for you. -
And we take pride in investing in our people's well-being. That's
why we back our words with competitive total rewards packages. -
- Financial Wellbeing -, employer 401 (k) match (currently at
7%), health savings plan, and financial planning - - -
- Physical Wellbeing - comprehensive health, vision, and dental
plans that meet the needs of our people - -
- Paid Time Off - Vacation, Sick, Personal, and Community
Engagement, Parental Leave for new Dads and Moms - - -
- Education and Development Opportunities - 100% Tuition
reimbursement to support our people's education goals - -
- Competitive Salary - competitive pay matched to DC Metro area
- Annual Bonus Opportunity - 12.5%
Wills Group is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not
discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment
because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual
orientation or national origin. -
Wills Group strives to maintain a COVID-free workplace. To that
end, being fully vaccinated is a condition of employment for all
new Wills Group employees. Documentation of the first dose will be
required prior to employee's first day of work, with the second
dose being obtained within 30 days. Additionally, booster doses are
required by March 1, 2022, for those eligible to receive them.
Wills Group makes reasonable accommodations for qualified
applicants with disabilities, sincerely held religious beliefs, or
other conditions protected by applicable law.
Min Hiring Rate
Max Hiring Rate
Keywords: Wills Group, Bowie , Digital Marketing Manager - Hybrid, Executive , Bowie, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!