Confidentiality and Privacy Manager (Technology Assessment)
Posted on: June 18, 2022
Manager, Confidentiality & Privacy - Technology Assessments -
Risk & Brand Protection
Confidentiality & Privacy is seeking an experienced Manager to
contribute to strategic priorities and mitigation of
confidentiality and privacy risks across the Deloitte US Firms.
This role will primarily support the operational processes in
evaluating technologies for confidentiality and privacy risks, as
well as participate in key strategic priorities of C&P. The
successful candidate will be expected to quickly build subject
matter expertise in the US Firms' confidentiality and privacy
policies while providing impactful contributions to technology risk
management. He or she will be expected to participate and manage
confidentiality and privacy initiatives designed to safeguard
confidential information (CI) and protect Deloitte's brand and
Work you'll do
Technology Risk Management
- Lead Privacy Impact Assessments. Review systems in development,
identify vulnerabilities, and recommend controls to implement.
Update and track activities methodically with relentless attention
to quality, accuracy, and timeliness.
- Conduct risk assessment of emerging technologies such as
artificial intelligence, machine learning, internet of things, and
cloud solutions and follow-up on progress of remediation
- Work closely with IT professionals to monitor systems
throughout the system development lifecycle for privacy and data
- Serve as the subject matter expert who business teams can turn
to and rely on for timely and impactful guidance regarding
confidentiality, privacy, technology and risk.
- Coordinate with leadership and key stakeholders to complete
- Prepare and present analysis for leadership/management.
- Develop in-depth understanding of the US Firms' businesses and
enabling areas to provide quick response and guidance based on
potential risks to Deloitte.
Confidentiality & Privacy Strategic Priorities
- Participate in and lead projects to implement or enhance the US
Firms' confidentiality and privacy programs. Activities may include
development of training and awareness materials or support for
other high impact C&P initiatives.
- Contribute to the design, development and deployment of
technology solutions to enhance confidentiality and privacy
processes and mitigate risk.
- Support confidentiality and privacy program assessments and
system reviews of confidentiality & privacy risks.
- Review and advise on technical requirements, vendor solutions,
and data protection features of applications and systems utilized
and/or delivered by the Deloitte US Firms.
- Provide expertise and support to data analytics efforts to
identify insights, potential risks, and mitigation strategies.
Risk & Brand Protection (R&BP)
At Deloitte, we are stewards of reputation-ours and our clients.
That's why we foster a culture that protects, preserves, and
enhances our reputation. With your help, we will distinguish
Deloitte as the clear leader in professional services, making us
the first choice for clients and talent.
Confidentiality & Privacy
Confidentiality & Privacy (C&P), led by the Chief
Confidentiality & Privacy Officer and Managing Director,
Confidentiality & Privacy, is a steward for Deloitte's reputation.
In that role, C&P is responsible for the development and
deployment of a comprehensive program to mitigate confidentiality
and privacy risks across the Deloitte US Firms. The team is highly
collaborative, and individual contributions are measured relative
to team contributions. C&P is organized around key service
areas, which include:
- Policy, Privacy Regulatory & Data Governance
- Insider Threat
- Incident Management
- Strategy and CI Program Direction
- Technology Assessments
Required Education & Experience
- BA/BS in computer science, management information systems
cybersecurity, or related field or significant industry experience
- MS Cybersecurity, MBA, or advanced degree required
- 7-10+ years of related experience, including a minimum of 5
years in Risk Management, Privacy cyber security, or Privacy by
- Demonstrated track record of adding value through a combination
of deep technical expertise, professional judgment and
- Knowledge of technologies used to collect, share, access and
use personal data such as cookies, web beacons, data warehouse, and
web analytic and decision support software.
- Experience with privacy platform software preferred
- Familiarity with cyber threats and potential impact on
- Knowledge of U.S. privacy legislation such as HIPAA, CAN-SPAM,
COPPA, FCRA, GLBA, stated privacy laws, state data breach laws and
the capability to apply regulatory requirements within an
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without
the need for employer sponsorship now, or at any time in the near
- Ability to travel 25-30%, on average, based on the work you do
and the clients and industries/sectors you serve
Required Professional and Technical Skills
- Demonstrated track record in sound judgment, investigation,
strong attention to detail, and persistence in following/driving
incidents to conclusion.
- Excellent organizational, communications (oral and written),
problem solving, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong client service orientation - our clients expect and
deserve high quality work products and effective resolution of
- Executive presence, strong facilitation skills.
- Remain calm while retaining your ability to influence others in
high pressure situations.
- Highly collaborative work ethic with demonstrated agility and
strong teaming skills.
- Strong project management skills while exhibiting an ability to
multi-task across various initiatives and activities.
- Quick and eager learner to apply new skills and technologies in
a results-oriented manner.
- Experience and proficiency in MS Office products to include
Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and SharePoint.
Required Licenses, Certifications, and Other Requirements
- Certified International Privacy Professional (CIPP), Certified
Information Privacy Manager (CIPM), Certified Information Privacy
Technologist (CIPT), Certified Information Security Systems
Professional (CISSP), or Certified Information Systems Auditor
(CISA) certification required
- Work Location: Any Deloitte US office location
The wage range for this role takes into account the wide range of
factors that are considered in making compensation decisions
including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training;
licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational
needs. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the
applicable geographic differential associated with the location at
which the position may be filled. At Deloitte, it is not typical
for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for
their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts
and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the
current range is $85,000 to 159,000.
Keywords: Deloitte, Bowie , Confidentiality and Privacy Manager (Technology Assessment), Executive , Bowie, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!