Catering and Event Sales Manager - Virginia/Maryland area
Company: BJ's Restaurants - Jobvite
Posted on: May 9, 2022
The Catering & Events Sales Manager will achieve quarterly sales
goals by actively driving Catering and In Restaurant Large Party
Sales for their designated region. -Qualified candidates will have
experience in sales within the hospitality industry. -Duties &
- Meet and exceed monthly, quarterly and yearly sales goals for
Catering and Events
- Proactively solicit new business opportunities by conducting
effective sales calls to new and lapsed clients, for both Catering
- Develop lasting relationship with our guests, be the face of
- Attend planned Events to give our guests gracious
- Negotiate and close Event contracts.
- Assist clients with placing Catering orders, provide quotes
- Work closely with restaurant teams to ensure Catering orders
and In Restaurant Large Party contracts are perfectly executed
- Develop relationships and secure preferred vendor status with
local venues, hotels, and convention centers
- Assist Restaurant Teams in identifying community marketing
events that will help drive sales and brand awareness
- Lead Bi-Monthly calls with their GMs regarding Sales Progress,
Prospecting, and Operational opportunities
- Attend Community and Hospitality focused Networking Events
- Monitors changes in the Catering/ Events industry and develop
strategies to adjust to those strategies and improve sales
- Submit weekly recap of progress to Directors
- Participate in Bi-Weekly Team Conference Calls, and Bi-Weekly
One on Ones with the Director of Catering Sales and
- Other duties as assignedNecessary Skills and -Requirements:
- Minimum of two years sales experience in the hospitality
- Working knowledge of regional Catering/Events markets,
Restaurant operations, computers (Windows environment, spreadsheet,
databases, word processing), and guest relations.
- Self-managing, well organized with strong multi-tasking
abilities, time management and attention to detail
- Engaging and articulate.
- Strong speaking/training presentation skills.
- Strong communicator with solid interpersonal, verbal, and
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with a diverse
- Demonstrated knowledge of industry trends.
- Ability to work at a quick pace and a flexible schedule in a
rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to delegate, follow up, relate to staff and guests in a
positive effective manner.
- Proficient in the use of personal computers and related
software applications including Microsoft OfficeDesired Skills:
- Bachelor's degree.
- Sales experience in the hospitality industry
Keywords: BJ's Restaurants - Jobvite, Bowie , Catering and Event Sales Manager - Virginia/Maryland area, Executive , Bowie, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!