Environmental Services Director
Company: Charter Senior Living
Posted on: January 6, 2022
Environmental Services Director
Why Charter Senior Living?
"It truly feels like a family at Charter.-- The residents are an
extension of my family now.-- I love to chat with them and laugh
because at Charter our values include "Have fun while serving". We
are charged with enhancing the human spirit of our residents, but
they are really enhancing my spirit."-- - A Charter Associate
At Charter Senior Living, our mission statement and core values
unite us in our purpose. We have positioned our company as a caring
and compassionate leader within our field, but more importantly, we
strive to demonstrate our commitment to our residents each and
every day. That's the Charter difference.
You won't want to miss out on the opportunity to "Enhance the Human
Spirit" by Serving with Heart, Serving with Purpose, Service with
Courage and best of all Have Fun while Serving
POSITION SUMMARY:----Environmental Services Director on is
responsible for the general maintenance of the community including
all common areas, resident apartments, grounds, equipment and
mechanical systems, and for driving the community van.-- Coordinate
and communicate with all other team members of the community in
maintaining a holistic perspective of service and care.-- Follow
and actively participate in all resident orientation programs.
Explain the amenities, routines and--expectations of the community
and your department and discuss their unique needs and
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Must exhibit proficiency in and routinely perform a wide
variety of building maintenance and mechanical--work including
carpentry, electrical, plumbing, interior and exterior painting,
masonry, drywall repair,--small appliance and minor equipment
repair and troubleshooting.
- Promptly respond to resident apartment maintenance or
- Inspect and prepare all apartments for rent ready status as per
company policy before new residents--move into the community. Rent
ready apartments must include, but not limited to, the
- needed carpet and vinyl replaced or cleaned
- cabinets and woodwork finished properly
- windows cleaned and replaced if seals are broken
- leaky faucets or toilets repaired, replaced if
- interior painting complete
- appliance repair, if necessary
- re-caulking done
- repair and/or replace light fixtures and electrical cover
- clean and repair AC units
- install new window treatment, if necessary
- Solicit appropriate plant maintenance estimates or bids when
necessary, and to present to community Executive Director.
- Perform all required painting of apartments and common areas,
general maintenance, ground maintenance and other--general duties
as required to safely and properly operate the community.
- Perform the appropriate floor covering cleaning (i.e.
shampooing, buffing, stripping, waxing, etc.).
- Establish, follow and document complete, routine and Preventive
Maintenance Plan for plant, equipment, fixtures and
- Ensure all company, state, local or federal health, safety,
health, building, fire and insurance codes or requirements are met
or exceeded at all times.
- Ensure all work orders are completed in a timely fashion and
billing information is recorded (i.e.: time and material).
- Maintain effective inventory and loss control program for the
supplies, parts, tools and equipment of the maintenance
- Ensure efficient and effective use of all maintenance
resources--and work within established budgetary
- Participate in community and resident programs to include, but
not limited to: Safety Committee and Infection Control Committee
and new resident orientation program.
- Safely and efficiently provide transportation for the residents
when necessary. Transportation may be required for resident
activities, appointments, events, and emergencies.
- Perform other duties that may be set by the company or
specified by the community Executive Director/Manager
- Participate in all required training, orientation, meetings and
programs offered by employer.
- Handle all resident concerns and complaints with finesse and in
a caring, polite and professional manner.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS:1. Must be able to relate to the elderly in a
positive manner.2. Must be a skilled maintenance person for general
maintenance duties.3. Must be clean, tidy and appropriately
dressed.4. Must use caution in performing duties and maintain safe
- --Exposure to blood/body fluid not likely.
- Lift up to 50 pounds, stoop, bend, climb stairs and ladders up
to 40 feet, push and pull equipment, work in cramped spaces, and be
in good physical condition. Frequent walking and visual inspection
- He/she must possess a current state-specific driver's license
and have transportation at their disposal.--
- Must be able to pass a background check.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYERJB.0.00.LN
Keywords: Charter Senior Living, Bowie , Environmental Services Director, Executive , Bowie, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!