Fresh Manager Job
Company: BJ's Wholesale Club
Posted on: April 3, 2021
BJ's Wholesale Club was the first retailer to introduce the
warehouse club concept in the northeastern United States. Today,
we're a multibillion dollar operation with more than 200 clubs in
17--states from Maine to Florida.While our Members know us for
helping them save up to 25% off grocery prices every day, our Team
Members-- love us for providing a supportive and engaging workplace
that's committed to developing great talent.If you're a motivated
and enthusiastic person who enjoys working collaboratively and is
committed to providing great service for our Members, we want to
hear from you. BJ's offers a fast-paced, team environment with
great training opportunities and competitive salary and benefits
packages to help you --succeed.FRESH MANAGER Responsibilities
- Ensures operational efficiencies, processes, and productivity
standards are executed with 100% adherence to established SOP
within the bakery, deli, produce, and prepared food departments.
Utilize Player Lync to assist with training and merchandising
- Maintain relationships with 3rd party vendors
- With the club management team, responsible for achieving
financial targets including sales, profit, and performance. Reviews
budgets, plans and P&L to ensure achievement of key targets
relative to sales, perishable penetration, profits, and
- Manages all fresh department team members and holds department
meetings to update team members on club policies and
- Provides leadership and direction, and manages day-to-day
operations, of Fresh departments (produce, deli, bakery, and
prepared foods) within the club. May be required to perform daily
hands-on tasks to validate and train newly hired team members.
- Escalates issues as appropriate to Home Office or Club Manager
- Responsible for the effective communication of departmental
activities and Home Office initiatives to club Team Members, club
management and club support teams.
- Maintains deep knowledge of club policies and procedures within
the department and across all areas of the club. Provides
leadership and direction to deli clerks, bakery clerks, produce
clerks and prepared foods team members within the club.
- Directly manages and assesses Team Member performance, provides
actionable feedback and coaches, teaches, and develops talent.
Assists in hiring, training and performance management of all deli,
bakery, produce and prepared food team members. Ensuring
departments are properly staffed.
- Evaluates departmental performance using company reporting
programs and achieves sales targets while effectively managing
waste. Drives daily utilization and adherence to production tools
- Leads deli, bakery, produce and prepared food team members to
validate and ensure that all sanitation, food safety and safety
policies and procedures are in place and being effectively
- Reviews forecasting, ordering, and replenishment of fresh
product and supplies. Manages monthly inventory process and
- Validates that team members are following proper processes and
items are weighed and priced accurately.
- Ensures that all products are fresh and meet company quality
standards. Maintains the proper rotation of received goods.
- Receives and inspects fresh shipments. Ensures fresh freezers
and coolers are neat and organized. All fresh shelves and display
cases are stocked.
- Responsible for the execution of all deli, bakery, produce, and
prepared food related merchandising directives and sales
- Continually monitors member service levels, answers member
questions, recommends fresh items, and ensures an outstanding
service experience is delivered to all Members.
- Responsible for the proper maintenance and working order of the
equipment, furniture, and fixtures within the fresh departments.
Responsible for ensuring that equipment outages are properly
escalated and addressed.
- Monitors BJ's MY WORK to ensure that all Home Office tasks, and
product liabilities are actioned within compliance and in a timely
manner. Reviews and understands the fresh notes and tools.
- Maintains all club policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned, including working in other
departments as needed
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function
of this job.BJ's Wholesale Club is committed to a policy of equal
employment opportunity for all qualified team members and
applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color,
sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, physical
and/or mental disability, genetic information, atypical cellular or
blood trait, marital and/or familial status, pregnancy, gender
identity and expression, military or veteran status, or any other
characteristics protected by applicable law.
Keywords: BJ's Wholesale Club, Bowie , Fresh Manager Job, Executive , Bowie, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!