Chief IT Infrastructure Engineer
Company: Regional Recreation Corporation of Wood Buffalo
Posted on: February 17, 2021
Careers - MSC - Chief IT Infrastructure Engineer in Bowie,
Maryland - Careers at AceInfo-Bowie Skip to Main Content Please
Enable Cookies to Continue Please enable cookies in your browser to
experience all the personalized features of this site, including
the ability to apply for a job. Welcome page Welcome page Returning
Candidate? Log back in! Chief IT Infrastructure Engineer ID
2020-4393 # of Openings 1 Job Locations US-MD-Bowie Job Post
Information* : Posted Date 3 months ago (11/13/2020 6:35 PM)
Category Information Technology Overview The Chief Engineer will
provide support to the US Census Enterprise Infrastructure
Engineering Services branch. The candidate will oversee and lead
all systems engineering activities which include systems design and
build of complex integrated services, from basic IT services
through large-scale, computationally complex statistical
applications, delivered in a hybrid cloud environment. Expertise in
all phases of the SDLC and delivery of project oriented
documentation (e.g. Concept of Operations, system analysis and
design docs, validation and verification, system integration,
system performance analysis, etc.). Duties & Responsibilities
- The chief engineer will ensure the proper development of all
process/control changes by identifying gaps and areas for
improvement, further enhancing or developing new processes.
- The candidate will be responsible for the maintenance of
design, requirements and operational documents by enforcing
accountability, traceability, and regular review of procedures
updates, system analysis and program changes.
- Additionally, the chief engineer will ensure a reachback
structure is in place to deliver operations troubleshooting support
and provide assistance with complex problems of diverse scope where
analysis of situation or data requires an in-depth evaluation and
ability to identify causality.
- Identify and create reference architecture that can be utilized
for any engineering designs and work with piers on a operational
readiness review process for transitioning technology from the
Engineering team over to Operations. Create and contribute to
technical roadmaps and strategic technical plan for future
- Interact daily with supervisor, technical support staff,
operations and engineering managers.--Interactions with client
counterparts on project matters within area of responsibility.
- Must work well with general guidance, generate competent
technical input for operations type documentation, be detailed and
- Must have excellent oral and written communications skills, as
well as excellent interpersonal skills to deal with multiple
contractors and government organization.
- Must have worked in enterprise class type environments, be in
line with industry best practices, think outside the box, and be
able to make recommendations to improve overall governance and
support continuous improvement. Requirements Candidate must have
the following knowledge, experience, and abilities:
- Excellent infrastructure experience and expertise.
- Cloud experience (hybrid preferred)
- On-premise data center management
- Infrastructure capability development and operational
- Experience in all phases of the Systems Development Lifecycle
- Experience working in an agile and/or DevSecOps
- Experience with functional and/or technical aspects of
enterprise COTS and custom development.
- Experience in functional requirements development, IT technical
support and technical program strategy.
- Good knowledge of project management approaches, tools and
phases of the project lifecycle including Agile.
- Extensive application and systems integration support
- Familiarity and practical application of advanced principles of
- Ability to present to executive management incident debriefs
and root cause analysis reports.
- Be a customer advocate by consistently meeting, exceeding
expectations and incorporating customer service into all aspects of
- Technical knowledge of the latest Microsoft and Red Hat
- Knowledge of government security policies (FISMA, NIST 800-53,
FIPS 199/200, DHS4300, etc.).
- Experience architecting solutions in public cloud (AWS,
- Hands on experience with monitoring and alerting tools like
SolarWinds, Crosswork/Moogsoft, Everbridge or other similar
- Virtualization and container experience with VMware, Hyper-V
and OpenShift or Kubernetes based systems. Security Requirements:
- Candidate must be a U.S. Citizen and able to pass a Public
Trust Assessment. #LI-SR1 #LI-SR1 Company Description We are a
trusted government partner that blends deep domain expertise with
advanced technologies to help our customers solve complex problems
that improve, protect, and save lives. As a rapidly growing
company, we combine entrepreneurial spirit, customer focus, and an
outcomes-based approach to support agency missions in health IT,
life sciences, public safety, and grants management. The Dovel
Family of Companies offers employees--an opportunity to advance
beyond a specific role or contract, we--offer a path to develop an
enriching career.--We believe--in empowering a culture of
innovation, customer success, and employee growth. What you'll
- Time Off! Flexible schedules and company paid holidays allow
you to take the time you need.
- Investment in YOU! 401(K) company contributions are yours to
keep with no waiting period.
- Choices! Unique healthcare plans to choose from with options
like fertility and orthodontia benefits.
- Discovery! With our tuition assistance and training programs,
we support your career advancement.
- Tax Savings! Enroll in pre-tax Health or Dependent Care
Flexible Spending, HSA with company contributions, parking, and/or
transit commuter benefits.
- Support! Working parents and busy professionals - we've got you
covered with a supportive culture, confidential Employee Assistance
Program, and membership to Care.com.
- Perks! Employee discounts, peer recognition programs,
company-wide wellness challenges, and fun community events.
- A Voice! A unique culture where you can influence decisions and
have your voice heard. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer with a
commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal
characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity,
disability, or veteran status. Options Apply for this job online
Apply Share Email this job to a friend Refer Sorry the Share
function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the
page and try again later. Share on your newsfeed Loading...
Application FAQs Software Powered by iCIMS
Keywords: Regional Recreation Corporation of Wood Buffalo, Bowie , Chief IT Infrastructure Engineer, Engineering , Bowie, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!