Risk Data Reporting Analyst
Company: Boston Medical Center
Posted on: July 30, 2022
Boston Medical Center (BMC) is more than a hospital. It's a
network of support and care that touches the lives of hundreds of
thousands of people in need each year. It is the largest and
busiest provider of trauma and emergency services in New England.
Emphasizing community-based care, BMC is committed to providing
consistently excellent and accessible health services to all-and is
the largest safety-net hospital in New England. The hospital is
also the primary teaching affiliate of the nationally ranked Boston
University School of Medicine (BUSM) and a founding partner of
Boston HealthNet - an integrated health care delivery systems that
includes many community health centers. Join BMC today and help us
achieve ourVision 2030 which is a long-term goal to make Boston the
healthiest urban population in the world. Position: Risk Data
Reporting Analyst Department: Insurance Expense Schedule: Part Time
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The Risk
Reduction Reporting Analyst is responsible for maintaining and
analyzing data and generating quality, peer review and risk
relating essential to reduce risks to our patients and staff and to
improve patient safety. Such assignments may be non-routine,
complex and sensitive, requiring significant experience and
background in the patient safety relating issues. Develops
strategies to reduce variations in clinical care and to, in a
protected peer review environments, identify opportunities to
improve patient safety and reduce patient harm. Responsible for
developing and maintaining systems to share the results of peer
review investigations with clinical staff and patient safety and
risk partners. SUPERVISION RECEIVED: This position reports to and
is under the general direction of the Chief Risk Officer.
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: No direct report but supervisors all data
related activity. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Work with
the Chief Risk Officer to promote the sharing of information
derived from peer reviews investigations to share with our clinical
staff and patient safety and risk teams. These primary
responsibilities include (and not limited to):
- Analyzes data and data centric for product
- Delivers ad-hoc requests from case or proposal teams
- Manages existing products, databases, reports and other
information/knowledge sets, ensuring data integrity and data
- Builds easy-to-use and interactive analysis models
- Prioritizing product quality and identify anomalies and
inconsistencies in data
- Embed security and risk guidelines into every aspect of
performed tasks and analysis
- Contributes towards documentation (e.g. of data, proposals) to
enhance overall work output
- Builds first connection points between products, combining
different data sets for deeper insights for case/project work and
- Products project management supports on assigned projects JOB
REQUIREMENTS EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
required. EXPERIENCE: Minimum 5 years related experience required.
Experience in professional liability insurance and the medical
profession is preferred. KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS: Non-technical
- Ability to write and communicate clearly and effectively in
English is required. Additional language skills appropriate to the
patient populations served by the Medical Center is a plus.
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple projects
simultaneously, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to gather and analyze information,
determine a course of action and implement the selected course of
- Strong ability to identify, analyze, follow-through and
recommend a resolution.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and diplomacy to interact and
communicate effectively with external and internal contacts.
- SQL (Intermediate/Advanced)
- Basic understanding of object-oriented programming (i.e.
- Excel (Intermediate/Advanced)
- Tableau (Advanced)
Keywords: Boston Medical Center, Bowie , Risk Data Reporting Analyst, Advertising , Bowie, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!