Company: Capstone on Campus Management LLC
Posted on: January 20, 2023
Job DescriptionJob Title: Office Coordinator Location: Bowie
State University - The Entrepreneurship Living Learning
CommunityReports To: Director of Affiliated HousingSalary: $15.00 -
$18.00 per hour and a comprehensive benefits packageFLSA Status
Non-Exempt Summary The Office Coordinator's role is responsible for
greeting visitors, answering, and directing telephone calls,
processing mail, and performing other clerical tasks such as
typing, filing, copying, and faxing. Provides service for basic
student account inquiries, maintains resident files, oversees
supply inventory and office equipment, and performs data entry into
resident account database.Essential Duties and
- Receives payments and issues receipts.
- Assists with contracting and billing/collections process
Includes the use of the Property Boss system (assignment and
- Uploads receipts/proof of vendor payments
- Assists with maintaining current budgets for Assistant
Directors, Maintenance Supervisor, and Director. Customer Service:
- Manage and maintain active and answer incoming telephone calls,
determine the purpose of callers, and forward calls to appropriate
personnel or department. Take and deliver messages or transfer
calls to voicemail when appropriate personnel is unavailable.
- Welcomes on-site visitors to determine the nature of business
and announce visitors to appropriate personnel.
- Answers basic account questions from residents. Refers to the
accounting area when necessary.
- Check incoming emails and respond to residents, vendors,
parents, etc. with any questions or concerns. Office Management:
- Coordinate resident mailings such as reminders, collection
notices, move-out information, etc.
- Maintains resident files for accuracy and accountability.
- Operates computer terminals to input and retrieve data.
- Maintains a professional yet friendly, atmosphere in the
offices and other areas where prospective and current residents
- Orders receive and maintain office supplies. Ensures office is
tidy and well organized.
- Creates and prints office forms, making sure a supply is always
- Receive, sort, and route mail/faxes, and coordinate employee
- Process outgoing mail, including regular FedEx packets to the
- Maintain office equipment and machines such as copiers, postal
meters, fax machines, etc.
- Assist users, submit service requests, and monitor/replenish
- Track and issue keys in accordance with office procedures.
- Assist with leasing and marketing of apartments/rooms.
- Keep the coffee machine cleaned and open daily.
- Replenish and order office supplies and necessities as
- Performs other clerical duties as needed, such as filing,
photocopying, and scanning documents.
- Assist Assistant Director in hiring and supervising student
- Other duties as assigned. Leasing and Marketing:
- Participates in outreach marketing activities
- Assist with facilitating the new applicant process prior to
- Assist with weekly and monthly reporting
- Assist with performing external market outreach at nearby
businesses, organizations, etc.Work HoursMonday-Friday
8:00am-5:00pm.Work EnvironmentThe work environment characteristics
described here are representative of those an employee encounters
while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.Physical DemandsThe physical
demands described here are representative of those that must be met
by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of
this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly
required to use hands to finger, handle, feel and talk or hear. The
employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and
arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb
or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must
occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision
abilities required by this job include close vision and distance
- High school diploma or GED.
- One to two years of clerical experience.
- One to two years of customer service experience
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and
- Ability to operate basic office equipment including photocopier
and telephone. Basic typing and filing skills.
- Must be a team player, we all must work together as we strive
to provide the best service possible for our customers.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and
small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees
of the organization.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete
variables in standardized situations.Competitive benefits package,
including health benefits, dental benefits, vision coverage, and
401K. Applicants must be able to pass a pre-employment background
check and drug screening. If you are unable to apply because of
incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please COCM
Recruitment from our website. We will make every effort to respond
to your request for assistance as soon as possible.To provide equal
employment opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions
at Capstone On-Campus Management (COCM) will be based on
qualifications and abilities. COCM does not discriminate in
employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual
orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Capstone on Campus Management LLC, Bowie , Office Coordinator, Administration, Clerical , Bowie, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!